Volunteer in Cape Town
Follow in the footsteps of hundreds of Connect-123 volunteers who have chosen Cape Town as the place to focus their efforts to make a difference – in all sorts of meaningful ways! Our international volunteer programs in Cape Town offer an array of unique and invaluable experiences to every volunteer in our program. Cape Town volunteers have the opportunity immerse themselves in, while giving back to, this thriving African melting pot! Connect-123 will work with you on designing the volunteer abroad program in Cape Town that best suits your needs and provides benefit to those who need it!Share enquire now
In some ways a sophisticated and cosmopolitan city, Cape Town is also a place where massive inequalities continue to be seen – in terms of literacy and education, health care and safety and other basic human rights such as the right to food and shelter. Cape Town volunteers can make an important contribution to organizations looking to redress these imbalances, particularly when they are individually matched to the project or initiative that fits best with their interests and skills.
Our Cape Town volunteer programs expose students to issues unique to South Africa as well as those that pertain to Africa in general. These experiences will allow for self-transformation in an incredible international setting.
The Cape Town volunteer program flat fee of $2,150 includes the following:
• Facilitation of a Cape Town volunteer opportunity tailored to your requirements
• Prior to your arrival - information pack and briefing documents plus guidance and advice via phone and email
• Access to the Connect-123 Cape Town housing program or assistance with arranging alternative accommodation
• Airport pick up service
• Full orientation on arrival, including local points of interest, and safety do’s and don’ts
• Group-rate discounts on local services and travel
• Access to the Connect-123 social program, with regular events and excursions from additional volunteer activities, to cultural outings to outdoor pursuits!
• 24 hour Connect-123 emergency phone number, plus emergency contact card with phone numbers for all relevant services
• Full on the ground support throughout your time in Cape Town
• Option to rent local cellphone
A $300 deposit, which is due upon application, can be paid via credit card or debit card here. The balance of $1,850 is due when you confirm your participation. Provided that you have not approved a placement, your deposit is fully refundable up until two weeks after we send the first volunteer program offer to you.
Most of our volunteers choose to stay in Connect-123 housing which is in an apartment building in the center of Cape Town. Volunteers live in two bedroom, two bathroom apartments with TV, DVD and fully equipped kitchen. The building has pay as you go wireless Internet access, as well as 24 hour security and a rooftop pool and small gym. Apartments come with towels and bedlinens and a twice monthly cleaning service is provided.
Staying in our housing is a great way to connect with the rest of the Connect-123 community - our office is even situated in the same building which means we are always on hand with support and guidance. However, we are also happy to advise you on alternatives should you prefer to live elsewhere - house/apartment shares with locals or homestays with Cape Town families may also be possible.
Applying to our Cape Town volunteer program is easy – here are the main steps:
• Send us an enquiry by filling out a form on the Enquire Now page
• Speak with one of our Cape Town team (we’ll be in touch to set up a call)
• Send us some paperwork (application form, 2 letters of recommendation)
• Pay the program fee deposit (which provided you have not approved a placement, is 100% refundable up until two weeks after we send the first offer to you)
And voila! You are part of the Connect-123 Cape Town volunteer program and ready to explore the exciting projects we have to offer!