A professional experience in China can make all the difference to your resume or CV – and in Shanghai, the country’s largest city, there is no shortage of fascinating opportunities. Connect-123’s Shanghai internships offer real world career experience in this thriving Asian metropolis. Popular internships in Shanghai include business, economic development, finance, entrepreneurship, and medical and health care, just to name a few.
Connect-123 finds professional internship opportunities in Shanghai, China. Since we match your skills to local projects, anyone can apply – university students, graduate students or experienced professionals – and proficiency in Chinese is not a requirement. You name it, and we’ll not only find it but we’ll help design the internship project to ensure that both you and the organization benefit. With an enviable network of local contacts we are ideally placed to put you where you want to be – at the heart of the action in the city where East meets West.
- Advertising Internships
- Animal Science and Wildlife Internships
- Architecture Internships
- Business Internships
- Communications, PR and Event Management Internships
- Design Internships
- Economic Development Internships
- Education and Teaching Internships
- Engineering Internships
- Entrepreneurship Internships
- Environment and Sustainability Internships
- Film and Photography Internships
- Finance Internships
- Journalism Internships
- Law Internships
- Marketing Internships
- Medical and Health Care Internships
- Microfinance Internships
- Project Management Internships
- Publishing Internships
- Social Work Internships
- Sports Management Internships
- Tourism and Hospitality Internships
- Web Development Internships
- Youth Development and Sports Internships
As a Connect-123 intern on our Shanghai program you will have a number of housing options to choose from. Maybe you’re attracted to the idea of sharing a comfortable city apartment with young Shangainese professionals, or with other Connect-123 international interns. Or perhaps you’d like to immerse yourself completely in the local culture by participating in a homestay arrangement. After discussing the various options we are confident that we will find an arrangement that meets your needs and fits your budget for your Shanghai internship.
The Shanghai internship program flat fee of $2,250 includes the following:
- An individually tailored internship opportunity
- Shanghai pre-trip orientation and information pack
- Help with arranging housing – from homestays for cultural immersion to sharing an apartment with local professionals or other international interns
- Guidance on your transportation options and on using Shanghai’s sophisticated public transportation system
- Airport pick-up service
- Full Shanghai briefing on arrival, including insider tips and do’s and don’ts
- Access to group-rate discounts with local service providers and tour operators
- Access to the Connect-123 social program, which provides an opportunity to connect with your host city and with your fellow interns
- Advice, support, and guidance before, during, and after your stay
- 24/7 emergency assistance
A $300 deposit, which is due upon application, can be paid via credit card or debit card here. The balance of $1,950 is due when you confirm your participation. Provided that you have not approved a placement, your deposit is fully refundable up until two weeks after we send the first internship offer to you.
Our approach is unique – we’d like to speak with you before you make any commitment to join the program, so that we can both be confident that Connect-123 is the right program for you. Simply fill out a quick form on the Inquire Now page, tell us what you’re interested in doing – and we’ll arrange to speak with you as soon as possible. You will need to send us your resume/CV prior to the call so that we can really understand your background and motivation. We’ll talk you through some possible options, explain more about things like housing and other logistics, and generally answer any questions that you might have.
If after this conversation you want to go ahead and apply then we will require the following:
• A completed application form, which we will send you after our call
• 2 letters of recommendation, typically from a university professor and from a previous work or volunteer experience
• Payment of the program fee deposit, which provided you have not approved a placement, is 100% refundable up until two weeks after we send the first offer to you
Once these steps have been completed, it’s time for us to work our magic and find you a fantastic Shanghai internship opportunity that fits your background and career aspirations!