Follow in the footsteps of hundreds of Connect-123 volunteers who have chosen Cape Town as the place to focus their efforts to make a difference – in all sorts of meaningful ways! Our international volunteer programs in Cape Town offer an array of unique and invaluable experiences to every volunteer in our program. Cape Town volunteers have the opportunity immerse themselves in, while giving back to, this thriving African melting pot! Connect-123 will work with you on designing the volunteer abroad program in Cape Town that best suits your needs and provides benefit to those who need it!
In some ways a sophisticated and cosmopolitan city, Cape Town is also a place where massive inequalities continue to be seen – in terms of literacy and education, health care and safety and other basic human rights such as the right to food and shelter. Cape Town volunteers can make an important contribution to organizations looking to redress these imbalances, particularly when they are individually matched to the project or initiative that fits best with their interests and skills.
Our Cape Town volunteer programs expose students to issues unique to South Africa as well as those that pertain to Africa in general. These experiences will allow for self-transformation in an incredible international setting.
- Animal Science and Wildlife Volunteer Programs
- Community Service Volunteer Programs
- Economic Development Volunteer Programs
- Education and Teaching Volunteer Programs
- Environment Volunteer Programs
- Human Rights Volunteer Programs
- Medical and Public Health Volunteer Programs
- Social Work Volunteer Programs
- Youth Development and Sports Volunteer Programs
Most of our volunteers choose to stay in Connect-123 housing which is in an apartment building in the center of Cape Town. Volunteers live in two bedroom, two bathroom apartments with TV, DVD and fully equipped kitchen. The building has pay as you go wireless Internet access, as well as 24 hour security and a rooftop pool and small gym. Apartments come with towels and bedlinens and a twice monthly cleaning service is provided.
Staying in our housing is a great way to connect with the rest of the Connect-123 community – our office is even situated in the same building which means we are always on hand with support and guidance. However, we are also happy to advise you on alternatives should you prefer to live elsewhere – house/apartment shares with locals or homestays with Cape Town families may also be possible.
The Connect-123 Volunteer Program in Cape Town has a flat fee of $2,750. This fee includes:
- A unique volunteer opportunity in Cape Town that matches your skills and interests
- Access to Connect-123 social program with weekly events
- Comprehensive orientation shortly after you arrive in Cape Town
- Airport pick-up
- Option to stay in Connect-123’s Cape Town housing program or help arranging alternative accommodations
- Pre-trip information guide to South Africa
- Ongoing support from Connect-123 staff, before, during, and after your trip
- 24/7 Emergency support
- Lifetime Connect-123 Alumni group membership, connecting you with program graduates around the world for advice and opportunities
A $350 deposit, which is due with your application, can be paid via credit card or debit card here. The balance of $2,400 is due when you confirm your participation. Provided that you do not receive an offer in your first or second choice field, your deposit is 100% refundable.