Our Cape Town internship program offers an astonishing variety of international internship opportunities against the backdrop of one of the most beautiful cities in the world! Cape Town is packed with outdoor adventures and experiences. Popular internships in Cape Town include business and entrepreneurship, medical and health care, human rights and social work.
Employers in today’s competitive job market are looking for something that stands out from the crowd – and a professional internship on the African continent could be just the thing to make them sit up and take notice! Opportunities in human rights and education allow you to explore the challenges of a country in transition, while business interns can get stuck into the exciting world of entrepreneurship in a developing market. Meanwhile health care and medical interns work alongside some of the world’s finest medical professionals in an environment geared towards exceptional learning. And for every other kind of internship – well just put us to the test! We look forward to finding just the right Cape Town internship for you!
- Advertising Internships in Cape Town
- Animal Science and Wildlife Internships in Cape Town
- Architecture Internships in Cape Town
- Business Internships in Cape Town
- Cape Town Innovation Experienceship
- Child Life Internships in Cape Town
- Communications, PR and Event Management Internships in Cape Town
- Design Internships in Cape Town
- Economic Development Internships in Cape Town
- Education and Teaching Internships in Cape Town
- Engineering Internships in Cape Town
- Entrepreneurship Internships in Cape Town
- Environment and Sustainability Internships in Cape Town
- Film and Photography Internships in Cape Town
- Finance Internships in Cape Town
- Human Rights Internships in Cape Town
- Journalism Internships in Cape Town
- Law Internships in Cape Town
- Marketing Internships in Cape Town
- Medical and Health Care Internships in Cape Town
- Microfinance Internships in Cape Town
- Project Management Internships in Cape Town
- Public Policy Internships in Cape Town
- Publishing Internships in Cape Town
- Social Work Internships in Cape Town
- Sports Management Internships in Cape Town
- Tourism and Hospitality Internships in Cape Town
- Web Development Internships in Cape Town
- Youth Development and Sports Internships in Cape Town
Cape Town program participants can opt to live in Connect-123 housing. Most interns and volunteers on our housing program live in a large, centrally-located residential apartment building called Perspectives. The building has 24-hour security, small roof-top gym and pool and possible indoor parking. The apartments, which all have two bedrooms and two bathrooms, are clean and comfortable, have a fully equipped kitchen, TV, DVD and pay-as-you-go wireless internet access (roughly $1 to $2/ hour). Bed linen and towels are supplied and twice-per-month cleaning service is included. At any one time, 30 to 60 Connect-123 Cape Town program participants share in apartments in Perspectives and spaces are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. If you don’t wish to stay in Perspectives our team can advise you on the best accommodation options to suit your requirements. Other options for Cape Town interns can include house or apartment share with local professionals or homestay with a Cape Town family.
The $2,450 flat fee for Connect-123’s Cape Town Internship Program includes:
- An internship opportunity tailor made for you
- Free and at-cost access to Connect-123 weekly social activities
- Comprehensive orientation upon arrival
- Access to the Connect-123 Cape Town housing program or assistance arranging alternate housing.
- South Africa pre-trip info packet
- Airport pick-up service
- Ongoing support from Connect-123 staff, before, during, and after your stay in Cape Town
- 24/7 Emergency assistance
- Lifetime Connect-123 Alumni group membership, connecting you with program graduates around the world for advice and opportunities
A $300 deposit, which is due with your application, can be paid via credit card or debit card here. The balance of $2,150 is due when you confirm your participation. Provided that you have not approved a placement, your deposit is fully refundable up until two weeks after we send you the first internship offer.
We want our application process to be as straightforward as possible. You need certain information in order to decide whether Connect-123’s international internship programs are a good match for you; we need some information to be able to match you to the ideal internship opportunity. Fill out the form on the Inquire Now page. We’ll be back in touch quickly to set up a telephone conversation and request your resume/CV – after this call both of us will have a good sense of whether Connect-123 is the right internship program for you. If we agree that it is, you simply need to send us your completed application form and two letters of recommendation, as well as pay the program fee deposit, which provided you have not approved a placement, is 100% refundable up until two weeks after we send the first offer to you. And then we get to work on identifying the best possible Cape Town internship for you!